Dental Care Tips During COVID-19
If you are aiming to stay healthy during the Covid-19 outbreak and the associated lockdown measures, you cannot be content with just avoiding the virus. Dental care is especially important during this period, at a time when you cannot visit your dentist for issues with your teeth. While a visit to the dentist is recommended every six months, the stringent lockdown implies that you have to make it on your own, at least for the time being.
Here is what you can do to ensure that your teeth are healthy during COVID-19;
- Ensure that you brush twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste for at least 2 minutes devoted to the brushing session.
- Do not skip brushing before bedtime.
- Switch to an electric toothbrush if you have the resources. Electric toothbrushes can get rid of a lot more plaque and bacteria than a manual toothbrush.
- Do not overuse manual or electric toothbrushes. The manual toothbrush has to be replaced after roughly 20 days and as for the electric toothbrush head, change it after 3 months without fail.
- If the infection is a concern, use boiling water to disinfect your toothbrush; run the toothbrush through hot water for a minute or so and it will be disinfected.
- Do not neglect to brush your tongue. If you gag during brushing, use a tongue scraper to get rid of the bacteria that may cause bad breath. If you don’t have a tongue scraper, you could use an inverted spoon to clean your tongue.
Flossing is a very important part of dental care. If you face trouble with string floss, you could order a premade flosser over the Internet during this pandemic. Experts recommend that you floss once a day at least, but if you are fastidious about hygiene, you can definitely floss twice a day.
A mouth rinse will make you feel fresh and smelling nice. The swishing action of the mouthwash reaches areas of the mouth that toothbrushes and flossing cannot reach. Mouthwashes are available in every flavor and you should also read the label to understand for how long you need to use it every day. Go for a mouth rinse sans alcohol if you have dry mouth issues. If cavities are a concern, choose a fluoride mouthwash.
Keep an eye on what you are eating during the coronavirus pandemic. We suggest that you limit the consumption of sugar and simple carbohydrates in between two meals. Choose to eat fresh, crunchy veggies instead and also increase your intake of water. Use water filters to ensure that you do not cut out the fluoride in the water because the fluoride will mix with your saliva and ensure an extra layer of protection for your teeth. Also do not have too many sugary beverages between meals. Soft drinks are notorious for containing insane amounts of sugar and this can harm your teeth. Drink from a straw if you really have to have them.
For expert dental care, go by the above dental care tips to ensure that you stay on top of the situation during this COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any issues with your teeth, set up an appointment with an expert dentist at Cosmodent India at the earliest.