Sinus lift and bone graft is a procedure
which we use during implant treatment.
Sinus lifting is done for improving
quantity and quality of the bone where the implant is to be placed.
To whom we recommend this?
Our team of dentists will recommend you
sinus lifting if you happen to have a less density of bone mostly in the upper
back tooth regionYou may have lost the bone due to the
following reasons such as
- periodontal disease
- Tooth loss
- You may be left without enough bone to place
Types of Sinus lift.
- The Lateral Window Technique
- The Crestal Core
- The Osteotome Technique
sinus lifting surgery is done?
- An incision is made to expose the bone
- Then a small circle is cut into the bone.
- This bony piece is lifted into the sinus cavity, much
like a trap door, and the space underneath is filled with bone graft material. At cosmodent we use NOVA bone graft material for a guaranteed and best result
- Finally, the incision is closed and healing is allowed
to take place.
- Healing process will be dependent on the individuals,
but in an average around 12 month of healing period is needed.
Once you have undergone the sinus lifting
and grafting surgery it will help in the success of following implant surgery.
Sinus lift an outdated procedure?
With the highly effective pterygoid implants, zygomatic implants and basal
implants the upper jaw can be easily restored with implants and the permanent
bridge fixed on 3rd day.